The SafeSea S100 Search and Rescue Transponder (SART) is a dedicated radar transponder which complies with IMO SOLAS regulations.
- Superior battery life – even at -20°C
- User replaceable battery
- Non Hazardous battery
- Five year replacement interval
- Compact size for easy liferaft packing
- Supplied complete with telescopic pole and storage bracket
- SARTs are required on all IMO SOLAS vessels on international voyages:-
- One on 300-500GRT
- Two if over 500GRT
- One SART per every four liferafts on ro-ro passenger vessels
- Nationally mandated vessels, including fishing vessels, passenger craft, commercial workboats, etc
- Most Super and Mega yachts are required to carry a SART, especially if covered by the MCA code of practice, which is recognised by many countries.
- Voluntary fit vessels will also benefit by carrying a SART
The SeaSafe S100 SART is designed to assist in the rescue and recovery of liferafts and survival craft. When switched on, the SART remains in a standby mode until automatically activated by an X Band Radar sweep from any vessel in the vicinity. The SafeSea S100 transmits a series of pulses which are displayed on the ships Radar as a line of dots, providing a bearing to the survival craft.
The activation controls are identical to those on the SafeSea E100 EPIRB, making use by unskilled operators much easier
For more information see S100 SART – Ocean Signal
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the information on this page is accurate, products and specifications may be changed without notice.